Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Gay, Lesbian, and Transgender Rights Movement Kassie Barber

I really thought this article was an interesting part of today's news and the topic I am researching.  It discusses whether or not "Trans Rights" and "Gay Rights" are still allies.  Basically asking if they still go hand in hand when fighting for the equality of them both.  This link shows a heated debate about the issue and different people's points of view on the situation.  I really like it because for one I learned that Transgender people and Gay people are fighting for different rights, and I always had the idea that they were all fighting for the same thing.  Which I am sure that I am not the only one.  But as you can see from people's responses to the debate they are clearly different.  Some people think there is really only one movement and others think that Transgender and Gay people do fight side by side but for different rights.


http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/2013/10/15/are-trans-rights-and-gay-rights-still-allies

No comments:

Post a Comment