Monday, September 30, 2013

Aidan Munn's Blog Introduction

Women and Hip-hop
                  Whether it be the songs they sing themselves, the way they dance in the music videos, or even they way they are talked about in lyrics of songs by males, women are involved in hip-hop. My name is Aidan Munn and my blog is going to be discussing the different ways women are involved in hip-hop. Women and the involvement in hip-hop is very complex because it depends greatly on the circumstance. When women themselves are singing hip-hop songs, they can be very pro-woman and empowering. When women are in music videos a lot of the time they can be dancing provocatively and can be seen as objects for males. They can also be seen this way in the way they are talked about in lyrics by many male hip-hop artists. I choose this topic because I personally love hip-hop and rap music. I listen to songs and usually just listen to the beat and sing the words without giving them a second thought. When I actually listen to them, I can see how some of them are pretty disrespectful to women and that really interests me to look further into it. I also love music in general and am very curious to know more about women that are in the hip-hop industry. Whether you like hip-hop or not, this blog will show you great insight into the world of women in the music industry as a whole. Stay tuned for my new posts on this great topic ;-) 
<3 Aidan

No comments:

Post a Comment