Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Abbie Minsker's Introduction- Women and Country Music

 
Strong Women in Country Music
 

 
My name is Abbie Minsker, and my blog topic that I am very excited to share is Women and Country Music. This is a topic I feel very strong about because not only is country music my favorite music genre, but also because it is a music genre that possesses the most inspiring artists. Country, however, would not be the same without their women artists, in whom I believe are the strongest singers of them all. Every song they sing or write sends a strong and meaningful message to their audience. Women country artists have helped me overcome times in my life where I felt weak or pressured as a woman, and their songs have shown me that women are just as strong, if not stronger than men. Women roles in country music are mostly hard working, determined and independent. I chose this video to begin my topic introduction because it is a good start in introducing seven of country music's toughest and most inspiring women. This video helps explain some of the negative struggles and expectations women face everyday, and also how these women deal with the pressure. In their songs and music videos, these women are not afraid to show their masculine side by proving their superiority to men, and showing that they wont be pushed around as females. Many of their song topics include physical, verbal, emotional, and sexual violence against women, love, heart break, tragedies, independence and the power of women.  In other words, you don't want to mess with women in country music. I hope you enjoy, and want to learn more. I have much more information to come on my topic of Women and Country Music.
 
Abbie

No comments:

Post a Comment