Sunday, December 1, 2013

Blog Post Number 3 Kassie Barber

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/25/politics/gop-lgbt-community/index.html

The link posted above is about the republican party, and their discussion during the Republican National Convention.  This article kind of pokes at the fact that for the most part the republican party doesn't exactly support same sex marriage.  True that most religions do not support same sex marriage, Barbara Ann Fenton brings this up, she also states that the country was founded on a separation of Church and State for a reason.  This article brings up a controversial question "Can true Catholics support same-sex marriage?" Which could be applied to all religions.  I chose this article because it's showing that social movement for LGBT is spreading which means that the community is hopeful towards gaining rights.
My topic is the Gay, Lesbian and Bisexual Rights movement so this fits in perfectly with it.

What are your opinions on the article I've chosen and the question they ask?

Best, Kassie.


2 comments:

  1. I have been thinking about this ever since I was confirmed into the Catholic Church. I have been wondering and questioning some of my beliefs because of how they seem wrong. Not to go on a religious rant, but if He is a loving and always forgiving God, why should some of the nicest and most gentle people suffer? I really like this post and sparks a lot of conversation
    -Devan Marry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am a catholic and all throughout high school I wondered why cant same sex marriage be accepted. I understand that under the catholic tradition men and women are to be together. I feel though that God made us all to love one another and if someone feels love toward someone of the same sex than it should be okay. I really enjoyed reading this article, it really opened my eyes to other view points.

    -Midori Harrison

    ReplyDelete